Friday, September 10, 2010

Interview To John Abraham


The mega stardom and super success that top Bollywood heartthrobs achieve is something that would disorient just about anybody. We’ve seen once approachable actors become unapproachable and sometimes even rather high handed when their success goes to their heads.

But happily, there’s no danger of any such thing happening to someone who’s one of the biggest stars today who’s as astonishingly handsome as he’s strikingly well built. Who’s as disarmingly self effacing as he is genuinely nice and forthright. John Abraham.

We bumped into John at the success party of Taxi No 9211 in Mumbai, and once again, the genial hearththrob was all courtesy, and spoke with Indiaglitz.com at length about working with Nana, Akshay, his future films, and what Success means to him, and why he’s decided to get much much more choosy about the films he will take up in future.

Congrats on the success of Taxi No 9211. What does success mean to you?
Every successful film does matter to me. I think it helps me do better work, and to get better work in the Industry.
Did you really have problems working with Akshay Kumar in Garam Masala?
No! Akshay helped me a lot, contrary to media reports (smiles). I had a great time, a great time really. It was a superhit movie, and I’ve heard that that counts at the end of the day!
And what was it like, working with Nana Patekar in Taxi No 9211?
Nana’s a superb guy very simple. He’s a very very emotional person, and a very good human being. And very helpful too. For instance, in the song Meter Down, he helped me with a lot of steps of mine, and that’s very hard to believe (smiles).
After Taxi, which are the films you are looking forward to?
Well, I have Kabul Express from Yashraj it’s about two journalists who go to Afghanistan to get an interview with the Talibani. Arshad Warsi plays the other journalist, and let me tell you, he’s done a fabulous job!
What was it like, shooting in Afghanistan?
Oh, it was superb. Afghani people are superb, very good human beings. It was great shooting there. But yes, I did have to get hospitalized due to Typhoid!
And apart from Kabul Express?
Some of the other movies I have are Salaam-e-Ishq , Babul, and a movie with Shriram Raghavan called Happy Birthday. And one with Anurag Kashyap. As you know, Babul is a family drama being directed by Ravi Chopra. It’s got Salman Khan, Rani Mukherji, Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini and me. I play Rani’s friend in the movie her lover.
Ok, one last question for now. After this current lot of films, what next?
Oh, after I finish this current lot of films, I’m doing very few. Because I want to go biking. I want to ride a bike and see the world!
 
                

No comments:

Post a Comment