Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saif Ali Khan And Amrita

Saif Ali Khan breaks his silence!

Saif Ali Khan wants to act. He wants to make a name as an artist and a star with mass appeal. He's already made enough money this year from endorsements and shows abroad that he can afford not to do a movie for the sake of money. His recent success with Hum Hum Saath Saath has given him the springboard from which he may once again make it to the top. His new film Kya Kehna, co-starring the adept Chandrachur Singh and the genial Preity Zinta, promises to entertain as well as educate. Armed with the love of his wife Amrita, his daughter Sara and highborn manners, Saif is determined to become a striver in the industry for the second time. Will he succeed? 

How's life after Hum Saath Saath Hain?

Most interesting. Not much change in any direction, except perhaps mentally I'm more confident and have a focussed approach. Initially, I had a sense of humour in school that I carried onto films. But that's not enough any more, so I had to revamp myself completely in order to play a character on film that has mass appeal. The success of Hum Saath Saath Hain made me confident that I could play a 'lead romantic role' in this country. I was very happy when Sooraj Barjatya cast me; he pretty much has the industry at his disposal in terms of actors. 

Originally titled Friends, your new movie Kya Kehna is about to be released. What is it about? 

They shied away from English titles after the disaster of Jeans. Kya Kehna deals with the issue of pre-marital pregnancy. A young girl named Priya (Preity Zinta), who has strong values and correct behaviour, falls for this well spoken, intelligent loner. He has trouble with his mother; he doesn't respect his parents, their marriage and also the institution of marriage. She wants to go out with him, but he feels that it's not right for her to enter a relationship that has no possibility of ending in marriage. She pursues it even further, until he eventually sleeps with her. The trouble arises as she gets pregnant. She wants to marry him, but he flatly refuses. The film deals with what happens when she decides to have the baby on her own. 
It was a commercial script being directed by a non-commercial director, I found it interesting. Kya Yehi Pyar Hai, I think, is a terrible title. The films should have been called Friends, as it was initially. But I think the reaction to Jeans has scared everyone. Now they must be saying, "Forget it, man. Let's stick to something safe and Hindi." When I heard about Chandrachur's exit and then his re-entry into the film, it made me think. I wasn't really insecure but I was relieved that it wasn't my neck on the chopping block.


Saif and Amrita - Divorce in process 2004

I can't forget Amrita, kids: Saif 

Rumours swirl around the Amrita Singh-Saif Ali Khan marriage. Saif's philandering ways have allegedly taken a toll on the marriage, he has moved out, plans to move in with his Italian girlfriend -- but this is all mere speculation. No confirmation has come forth from the parties concerned. Till now.

TOI finally touched base with Saif. Since the news about his estranged marriage came out, Saif has been in London, evading the media and friends. "I don't know how such a personal thing became public. Maybe some common friends leaked it. It's very unnerving for me," he says.

The news has affected him very badly. "It's very upsetting for me. I am shattered. I've tremendous respect for Amrita. And how can I forget my kids?"

So what's he trying to say? Is a reconciliation on the cards? "But, obviously. I am trying to sort out everything day by day. We will get back together," he says, sounding hassled.

There have been reports of him seeing an Italian woman. "I am not talking about my personal life. It's nobody's business. At this point, anything I say will be misconstrued. Moreover, I think whatever is happening is too personal for me to discuss in public. But Dingy and I are surely working towards getting back. We've been there for each other and my family is important to me," he says.

Are they still in touch? "Of course I am in touch with Amrita. I call her everyday. Look, whatever happens, happens for the best! But I am very fond of Amrita -- I love her too much!"

Amrita Singh, these days, is taking solace in her kids Sarah and Ibrahim. A close friend says that Amrita is devastated and has completely shut herself off from most of the world.

She understandably refuses to take any calls that remind her of the pain and hurt. She keeps herself busy taking her children for speech therapy classes, and spending as much time with them at home.

Amrita hardly parties, but now, says the friend, that she is trying to go out and mingle with close friends. All efforts to reach her have been in vain.

An amicable talaq! - 2004 

Last week a much celebrated film couple officially and finally parted ways but, surprisingly, without many tears, recriminations, admonitions and the heartache that normally accompanies such tragic events. Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh were, reportedly, formally divorced in a sombre talaq (their marriage had been solemnised in a Nikaahnaama) ceremony at the Lokhandwala home they once shared. In the presence of a few freinds to act as witnesses and some family members, the couple mutually parted ways, after a brief trial period of trying to work things out. Apparently they were talking, laughing and even sharing an odd joke or two through the solemn and sad ritual. And that's the best possible news for their children, who will be able to enjoy the best of both worlds with their parents. So while Saif will continue with his rising film career, Amrita plans to throw herself into work with a vengeance, to ease the transition. We wish them a great future.
Legal Eagle
[20 Feb 2007]
Taking Sides in the Amrita-Saif split



I have known Amrita long before she married Saif. After their marriage, Saif became very close to me. We met often and so it was a shock when suddenly I learnt that all was not well in the marriage. Whenever we met, they seemed very much in love. The bombshell came when Amrita told me, ‘Listen, this guy’s cheating on me.’ Neither of them wanted it to be messy because the children were involved. Of course, Saif was in a predicament because I was close to Amrita prior to their marriage so he had to go to another lawyer. But even that lawyer happened to be a close friend and associate, Kranti Sathe. Neither took a difficult stance so it was one of the easiest and most amicable divorce settlements that I have come across. Thankfully, Saif and Amrita sorted out the cheating factor between themselves before they came to me. They just said that they could not live with each other and opted for a divorce by mutual consent. The alimony was accepted and so was the permanent maintenance of the children.

There were phrases when Amrita would say, ‘He wants to come and meet the children. What should I do?’ I told her that he’s the father she would have to allow him. Earlier she would not want to be at home when he came but later they started meeting on a friendly basis. Even today they go to the parent-teacher meetings together.

Recently, when Saif’s car was taken in by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), I handled his case and my son went with him for the interrogation. It must have been difficult for Saif to come back to the lawyer of his wife. Even when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was caught in the poaching case, Sharmila Tagore called me from Delhi.

All About Saif and Amrita - After Divorce

'I am an old chapter in Saif’s life now’ 

Amrita breaks her silence
10 Oct 2007, 0000 hrs IST,TNN


Contrary to reports, Amrita Singh and Saif Ali Khan are not getting back. Amrita breaks her silence, and rubbishes rumours about her getting back with ex-husband Saif.

In her characteristic firebrand style, Amrita says, “Let’s clarify this once and for all. I am fed up of this loose talk. Just because Saif and I were spotted at few places, does not imply that we will once again be husband and wife. Yes, we went to Salman and Sanju’s house but they are our common friends. We both have known them for a long time.”

She explains her current equation with Saif. “Saif is the father of our kids. He is family. But I have no plans to stay with him again. I am an old chapter in Saif's life.”

Amrita refrains from speaking about Saif’s alleged affairs with Yana Gupta, Bipasha Basu and Kareena Kapoor. “Saif’s personal life is not my territory now. I don’t question him on that. He is free to do what he wants. We don’t talk about these things when we meet. So why should I even think about it, leave aside comment on it?” Amrita demands to know.

For the initiated: Since the past few weeks, the buzz doing the rounds is that Amrita and Saif have decided to get back together. It was even being said that Saif’s split with his Italian girlfriend Rozza Catalano was due to bonding with Amrita all over again.

Amrita and Saif were spotted coming out from Salman Khan’s house. Few days later, they were seen dining together at a suburban restaurant and taking their kids for a swim at a suburban five-star hotel. Recently, they went to Sanjay Dutt’s house too. These outings led to speculation that they have kissed and made up.
Saif is my past...(March 12, 2007) 

Amrita Singh reacts to rumours that Khan’s break-up with Italian girlfriend Rosa Catalano was because of their ‘renewed’ friendship

When a much-in-the-news couple breaks up, a lot is made of their parting and the blame game begins. Everyone, from the former partner to the family and sometimes even close friends, is to blame.

So when Saif Ali Khan and his girlfriend of two years Rosa Catalano decided to part ways, ex-wife Amrita Singh, his family and even Rosa’s budding television career were put in the dock.

‘Not my business’

However, Amrita Singh refutes that she has anything to do with the break-up. What’s more, she’s angry about certain sections of the press alluding to a patch-up between her and her former husband. “Saif is my past. What he does is not my business or concern,” is all she is willing to say.

But a source close to Saif puts things in perspective. “Amrita has not visited Saif since he returned home (he recently suffered from a heart condition), though she did go to see him at the hospital with the kids (Sara and Ebrahim).

Even though they remain in touch, stories about him and Amrita getting back together are not true. Saif is extremely focussed on his career.

He had some great releases last year and won several awards for his performance in Omkara. He’s also in the process of signing new films and has just launched his production company, Illuminati Films, with producer Dinesh Vijan.

As you can see, there’s really no time for a personal life. At present, he is concentrating on getting back to work.”

‘I respect Amrita’

On Sunday night’s episode of Koffee with Karan, Saif spoke at length about his marriage and split with Amrita, telling Karan Johar, “I have matured because of all kinds of non-settling thoughts, experiences, paranoias, and being judged and accepted. It has made me tougher.

I was extremely well taken care of. Now I must do things like running a home, which is something I have never done.

I am getting there. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Amrita. I’d really like us to be friends one day.”

But Amrita refuses to comment on Saif’s statement. She says bluntly, “I have said what I have to. Now please keep me out of this.”

Meanwhile, the source says Saif and Rosa’s parting was amicable. “It’s pointless to blame other people for the break-up. Only they know what really went wrong.

Rosa has gone back to Switzerland, but there was no bitterness or acrimony between them. Saif and she are sensible, mature individuals and want different things in life.

They were in a relationship for over two years, so naturally, it will take some time for them to recover and get back on their feet,” says the source.

It is expected that Rosa will return to India in a few weeks time, as she was getting ready to launch a glamourous career here before the unexpected break-up.

There have been talks about her anchoring a fashion-based television show for a while now, and sources say pretty much everything has been put in place.

Saif’s gift for son Ibrahim
9 Mar 2008

Wednesday was another hectic day for Saif Ali Khan. But amidst running from dubbing sessions to attending promotional events for Race, Saif managed to do something very special for son Ibrahim.

It happened to be Ibrahim’s birthday on Wednesday and Saif sneaked out of the promotional event and went straight to Ibrahim’s school, much to the surprise of his son and his friends. Saif then went to Kumar Taurani office with Ibrahim, where another promotional event was being held.

But before the event a special cake ordered by Taurani, made it’s way to the event. Ibrahim cut the cake and was seen hanging out at the event till Saif finished his work. Saif then cancelled all his work and went straight home with Ibrahim, while daughter Sarah joined them later.


SAIF: NO PLAN TO MARRY AGAIN 

Saif Ali Khan son of former captain of Indian cricket team Mansoor Ali Khan and famous star Sharmila Tagore, is now a successful actor. However, he has traveled a long way in his profession. Director Rahul Rawel gave his 'Bekhudi' to Saif but the latter lost it because of his carelessness. But Saif turned serious and improved his acting skill in his every film. Thus he proved his talent in 'Dil Chahta Hai'. From here his career's graph soared to new heights that prompted several directors to make offers to him in plenty. Saif has given so many hit movie like 'Hum Tum' opposite Rani Mukherjee, 'Hum Saath Saath Hain' with Salman, Sonali Bendre, Karisma Kapoor, Tabu, Mohnish Behl and Neelam, 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' with Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta besides 'Ek Hassina Thi' opposite Rani Mukherjee and 'LoC', 'Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega' and many others. However, the success in career brought misfortune in his family life. He divorced his wife another famous actress Amrita Singh. Recently we met with Saif and discussed about his personal life during our chat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment